My Design Philosophies
All landscape designs are created with the long-term well-being and harmony of people and our natural world.
The design process is a rewarding and unique journey of self-discovery and creative self-expression.
A thoughtfully designed landscape is unique and meaningful to each individual, harmonious with the inherent character of place, and will continue to evolve over time.
All design services are based on the foundation of a collaborative partnership that is based upon open and honest communication, respect and integrity.
With a professional background in health care and a life-long curiosity of, and reverence for, our natural world, being a landscape designer blends my caring about the health & well-being of people and our natural world. Growing up in rural Australia, having family members who are botanists and keen gardeners, and having a constant yearning to be outside and “in nature”, have all led me to my second career as a landscape designer. My holistic approach continues to be an integral part of my landscape design philosophy, with always keeping the “big picture” and stewardship of our local ecosystems in mind.
For me, it’s all about helping homeowners create compelling spaces that are uniquely meaningful, aesthetically pleasing, harmoniously blended with their home & surroundings, and environmentally sound. It’s also knowing that their new “living landscapes” will enrich their lives as they spend many years enjoying them with their families and friends.
- Associate of Technical Arts Degree in Landscape Design (Edmonds Community College)
- Certified Professional Horticulturist (Washington State Nursery & Landscape Association)
- ecoPRO Certified Sustainable Landscape Professional (WSNLA/WALP)
- Native Plant Stewardship Training (Washington Native Plant Society)
- Master Pruning Training (Plant Amnesty)
- Landscape Designer, Reynolds Landscape, Woodinville
- Landscape Designer, Nyce Gardens, Sammamish
- Landscape Designer, Evans Creek, Sammamish
- Container Design installer, Greenstone Design, Bellevue
- Landscape Design Intern, Karen Stefonick Design
- Landscape Maintenance Intern, Willows Lodge, Woodinville
- Association of Professional Landscape Designers
- Washington State Nursery & Landscape Association
- Washington Native Plant Society
- Northwest Perennial Alliance
- Northwest Horticulture Society
- Founder of Sammamish Community Wildlife Habitat Project
- Volunteer for local ecological restoration projects
- Volunteer for MeadoWatch program, Department of Biology, University of Washington
- SAMMI Environmental Stewardship Awardee
- President’s Volunteer Service Awardee
“To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul.”